Benoît Feron - about the artist
Benoît Feron is born in 1962. In the recent years he has intensively travelled throughout Africa to catch the beauties and soul of primitive tribes, whose authenticity fascinates him. Driven by an artistic approach and by the intense emotion that these tribes procure him, his eye catches the magnificence and sensuality of these people, mostly through close-ups on human skin, traditional body paintings, scarifications, jewels, clothes or glances and portraits. Very graphic, often abstract and always very sharp, his images give a new and original dimension to this form of ancestral art which goes back to our origins.
-"Regards d'ailleurs", with the French sculptor Marine de Soos , Galerie Hors-Série, Cysoing (Lille), May 2006 ;
- "l'Accueil", collective exhibition, Galerie Xavier Hufkens, Brussels, January 2008 (awarded the "Prix spécial du jury", category photo) ;
- "Surma, Faces & Bodies", Galerie Duqué et Pirson, Brussels, June-July 2008 ;
- "l'Accueil", collective exhibition, Galerie Xavier Hufkens, Brussels, January 2009 ;
- Honor Guest, Reflets Mondial de la Photographie, Mouscron, February 2009 ;
- "Surma, Faces & Bodies", Bank Delen, Antwerp, September 2009 ;
- "l'Accueil", collective exhibition, Galerie Pierre Bergé, Brussels, January 2010 ;
- African Skins, Galerie Duqué & Pirson, Brussels, June-July 2010.
- Surma, Faces &Bodies, La Renaissance du Livre, Brussels 208, 104 pages ;
- Visages de Goma, Editions Racine, Brussels, 2008, 120 pages ;
- Visages d'avocats, Editions Luc Pire, Brussels, (release September 2010), 256 pages.
Color C-Print mounted on Diasec.
Signed and Numbered by the Artist on Verso.
50 x 50 cm, edition of 8, from 1200 eur to 2000 eur
80 x 120 cm, edition of 8, from 2990 eur to 4250 eur
100 x 150 cm, edition of 8, from 4250 eur to 5990 eur
All prices VAT 21 % excl.
Please contact the gallery for current pricing and availability > CLICK HERE